8/1/05

fever of 103 and life goes on

I'm so behind. I'm not sure I'll ever catch up. Pipe exploded in the basement last night and our kitchen was overrun with ants - all while I was taking a nap - oh wait, don't forget the honey beehive that we discovered inside the siding of our new home. I had to laugh - when I woke up from my nap yesterday, my husband hit me with all of this and our baby was already sick - fever 103. I asked him if the roof was going to fall in too and he said "yeah, probably". Of course you must know, last week, I was watching my extra kids and all 3 of them were sick - of course not all at the same time. One each day.

Thank the Lord it isn't any worse. The kids were only feverish and the virus passed quickly. The ants are dead, thanx to my efficient bug killing hubby. We're still working on the beehive - who knows, maybe we'll find some honey. hahaha. And the neighbor allowed us to fill a large bucket with water so we could at least flush the toilet and wet cloths for washing up the kids.

I'm just thankful the Lord has been with me to keep the stress levels at a minimum. Now, if I can just get my tail to the doctor and get an adjustment so that my arm will quit going numb, I'll be good as new.

I just started reading the children's series by CS Lewis "The Chronicles of Narnia". My husband recommended them as did my father's pastor and now with the movie coming out, I decided to give it a go.

I was particularly intrigued by a passage the pastor quoted and I'll share it with you. This was a passage he used to relate to the husband's and the wive's individually when he was doing his marriage series that I advertised in an earlier post.

"...Finally he whispers, “Who are you?”

And he hears, “One who has waited long for you to speak.”

Shasta is terrorized and says, “Oh, I am the most unlucky person in all the whole world.”

And the Voice says, “Tell me your sorrows.” And Shasta does. He unloads all of his sorrows, his litany of woes. “I do not call you unfortunate,” said the Large Voice.

“Don’t you think it was bad luck to meet so many lions?” said Shasta.

“There was only one lion,” said the Voice. . . . “I was the lion.” And as Shasta gaped with open mouth and said nothing, the Voice continued. “I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the horses the new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you.”

“Then it was you who wounded Aravis?”

“It was I.”

“But what for?”

“Child,” said the Voice, “I am telling you your story, not hers. I tell no one any story but his own.”

“Who are you?” asked Shasta.

“Myself,” said the Voice, very deep and low so that the earth shook: and again “Myself,” loud and clear and gay: and then the third time “Myself,” whispered so softly you could hardly hear it, and yet it seemed to come from all round you as if the leaves rustled with it. Shasta was no longer afraid that the Voice belonged to something that would eat him, nor that it was the voice of a ghost. But a new and different sort of trembling came over him..."

~~C.S. Lewis, The Horse and His Boy

Everyone have a blessed day!

0 remarks: on "fever of 103 and life goes on"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.