7/19/05

Xanga Archives 07/19/2005

Hubby's surgery was a tremendous success. He was in and out in 20 minutes. He was in the surgical center in total for prep, procedure and recovery for 3 1/2 hours. He's a little tender. They cut 3 little holes in his belly, but there were no complications and he should be eating Whoppers in no time. (or maybe a Junior Whopper - his appetite is rather small the last few days).

Thanks for your prayers and your comments.

An intersting thought for you: We eat lots of Korean food around here. For those of you who read my stuff you may remember my entry with all the pictures, however if you don't it's here Korean Food Pics.

Anyway, my point is this. My father drove up for a visit a couple of weekends ago. He has recently been diagnosed with emphasima except that the doctors aren't sure. He's had problems with his lungs for years. He takes albuterol in a nebulizer and he's fatigued frequently. When he was up here, we fed him some Korean food and he sent me an email the next day asking me what was in that stuff. He hadn't felt better in months. His breathing cleared, his fatigue was gone and his head felt better. The moral? Eat healthy. Korean food has many healthy ingredients: namely garlic, but also includes onions, ginger, sesame, red pepper and kimchi(cabbage).

Have a blessed day.

0 remarks: on "Xanga Archives 07/19/2005"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.