2/7/05

banana bread

I just made my very first banana bread. Victory. I found the recipe on the internet. I've never been a fan of bananas, so I was not sure how good the recipe would be. I found it quite delicious and my husband who has always enjoyed banana bread was also very pleased. I thought I would share the recipe, just in case you're interested.

It tastes WONDERFUL when served with some melted Butter.


recipe

3 over-ripe bananas, mashed (I made 2 loaves and used 7 bananas)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup soft butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla (I used almost 3 tsps for 2 loaves - mmmm vanilla)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I didn't have any nuts, I'll try this next time)

1 hour 15 minutes 15 mins prep

1. In a large bowl mash your bananas until they are very pasty. (I just used the mixer and it worked great)
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Mix well.
4. Pour all ingredients into a greased loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean.

0 remarks: on "banana bread"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.