1/20/05

pick the MILs brain

The Lord has blessed me with yet another day to love my family, make wrongs right and just bask in His Glory. This site might just be good for me after all. To remind me to count my blessings daily in the sight of His Holiness the Lord God Almighty. In all His wisdom and Glory, He gave me another day. I don't deserve it, but I hope I can use it to His Glory and I hope He will forgive me if I fail. Thank You Jesus!

Planning a trip to the inlaws this weekend. I'm determined I am going to learn to make Kimchi! I've almost mastered Bulgogi(Pulgogi) and I've got Hot Pork(don't know the Korean word) pretty well, so now it's onto the big stuff. I'm ready ready ready.

Proverbs 31:15
She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

Well...I don't have any maidens (except my daughters), but I do have a household to feed and boy oh boy, do they love Kimchi. Can't seem to get enough of it around here, but premade is expensive and my mother-in-law, growing older is having trouble with her hands, so it's time for me to learn. This may sound very silly, but I'm very excited to learn.

I also found out yesterday that a situation we've been fretting over is going to be solved. I keep telling myself that I trust the Lord and His judgement, but oh how difficult it is to wait on His time and be patient. What a relief. What a blessing! Praise God again!

Wouldn't it be awesome to have the Wisdom of God or even a portion of it. I am a somewhat intelligent person, but my intelligence has brought me much knowledge and little wisdom to temper it with. My wisdom mostly comes from the idiotic choices I make on a daily basis and watching the poor outcome.

Proverbs 8:11
For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

But until that day when I attain the wisdom of Solomon (that's never gonna happen), I'll just keep going back to my standby...

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

This verse always gives me comfort, when I find myself wanting to question God's motives. Then when I do goof it up (and I usually do), I go back to these.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

"ALL THINGS" He says, even my stupid, idiotic, even sometimes seemingly psychotic decisions which wind me up in a big mess on the floor looking very foolish.

God can even use my messes for His Glory. How AWESOME is He!

0 remarks: on "pick the MILs brain"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.