1/19/05

there is hope

I'm new to this site in fact I'm new to blogging in general. Up until yesterday, I didn't even know what it was, but a friend of mine asked me to check it out, so here I am. Out of simple curiosity I have been jumping around this website and the things I've seen really make my soul ache.

I guess, I've always known, but it still catches me off guard to see so many people, especially young people who are lost, empty, tortured, full of hate, rebellion and sadness.

Mark 7:21-22
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

And the worst part is they claim that this life style makes them happy and attempt to pull others into their insane world to share in their misery. This is not a judgment, but merely an observation.

Luke 6:39
And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

These things will not fill up that emptiness inside you.

John 4:13
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

Only Jesus can completely fill that emptiness.
John 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

I am so thankful I have Jesus and that he fills me with His love and surrounds me with His mercy and I can't imagine how it must feel to be one of these other broken souls.

Just in case you're wondering, my life isn't and never has been perfect. I've suffered many of the same problems as our youth does today and I've made some down right terrible decisions in my life (some of them I'm still paying for), but I'm still here and I'm still going strong, not because of anything I am or I've done, but because I accepted Christ as a young child and he's been by my side ever since.

Phillipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

It's not God's desire to force himself on you, but he gives you all the freedom you need to experience and come back to love him. I'm sure you've all heard the saying "If you love something set it free.....Well the person who wrote that was pretty smart, but he didn't invent the concept, God did! What would love really be if it was forced out of someone? It wouldn't mean a thing.

For those of you people so desperately searching and longing for love from your parents, your friends, your sexual partners, internet ghosts....you should understand this. If you need someone to love you (and I know you do) look up. He's always been there with his arms wide open.

I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" "This much", He said and He spread out His arms and died.
John 3:16-17
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

On the flip side it was very refreshing to see that there are still a few around who love the Lord and are interested in spreading the Word. Praise God!

0 remarks: on "there is hope"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.