2/11/11

suicide by (friendly) dinasour

this was too good not to share...

i overheard my son talking to my daughter. he told her, his little army man ate two whole elephants. i asked him why his man would eat two whole elephants and the rest went something like this

son: because he was super hungry after being inside a dinosaur for 12 days.
me: 12 whole days?
son: i mean, 12 whole months and 2 days.
me: 12 whole months? how did he stay alive without food for 12 whole months?
son: he took food with him.
me: he took 12 whole months worth of food into a dinosaur with him?
son: i mean 11 whole months.
me: he took 11 whole months worth of food with him? that's alot of food. what did he carry it in?
son: a suitcase.
me: he took 11 whole months of food in a suitcase with him into a dinosaur? how come the dinosaur didn't chew him into pieces?
son: because the dinosaur was a friend of his.
me: (laughing) okay, so the man is friends with the dinosaur and the dinosaur ate him? why?
son: because the man didn't want to live.
me: (trying hard not to die laughing at this point.) so what you're telling me is that this man, wanted to commit suicide by being eaten by a a dinosaur that didn't chew him up. not only that but the man took enough food with him to feed him for nearly a year. why would he take food with him if he wanted to die?
son (with daughter in background in unison): in case he changed his mind.

of course...what else?

0 remarks: on "suicide by (friendly) dinasour"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.