12/16/06

Xanga Archives 12/16/2006

Disgusted

I went to a Christmas program last night. My friend's children were performing at their school. They all did delightfully well, singing and playing trombone ;)...but I was so thouroughly disgusted with the whole program. It sure made me glad, that I decided to homeschool. There wasn't one hint, or even a little mention of the custom we call "Christianity" or the celebration of the birth of a king. They sang and danced about Kwanzaa and Hannuka and they did some stuff with father time and Chinese New Year with a big scary looking dragon and not even one sidenote about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This was a very small town - the sign at their city limits boasts "Good Schools and Good Churches". HA! They don't have either one. A town of only a few hundred people and they can't even sing "Away In A Manger" at a Christmas Program.

I intend to make sure this doesn't happen to my kids. I'm going to make sure they know why we celebrate Christmas. I know that Jesus was born in September (or there abouts), but Dec 25th is the day that the nation set aside to recognize it and now they are trying to renig on the deal. Get your children an Xbox for Christmas but don't teach them the gospels of Christ. Christ - Christmas - Hmmmmm....You think there might be a connection here?

Okay, I'm off my soapbox.

Happy Holidays!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

~Isaiah 9:6

0 remarks: on "Xanga Archives 12/16/2006"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.