12/16/05

christmas is coming

Too busy being a wife and mother to check in much these days. I enjoy it, but these days, it seems to take more effort to live up to my own expectations of what a wife a mother needs to be.

I am looking forward to Christmas, which is actually, very unusual. I usually dread the hustle and bustle of a commercialized "gimmie" holiday, but I got something very special for hubby this year and decided to ignore the "gimmies" and enjoy myself in spite of it all. I also got my daughter a purity ring for Christmas and can't wait to give it to her.

I will be making candy this year as well as bread and fudge for the very first time. I have a very good recipe from my aunt and I hope it turns out as fabulous as hers always does.

I hope everyone has a terrific holiday season.

God bless.

I have an animated Christmas card, a build your own snowman game and an elf bowling game for the kids. They came directly from my PC and personal website and they've been virus checked, but if you want to play with them, you'll have to download them to your PC.

Click here for Christmas Card

Click here for Snowman Game

Click here for Elf Bowling

0 remarks: on "christmas is coming"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.