8/31/05

need to pray

Need to count my blessings. Feeling a little bored and restless. Same old routine. I'm thankful for the routine and I'm thankful to have my children at home with me, but unfortunately the flesh beckons. I need to refresh my outlook. I guess I need some extra time on my knees.

Just finished burning some CD's for my dad's upcoming birthday. My dad's, husband's and my own birthday are all within a week of each other. Birthday's get pretty close together this time of year in our family. I don't really want my hubby to spend alot of money on me, but I'm hoping he'll remember my birthday with something extra special this year. I try not to make a big deal out of my birthday, because my husband just doesn't have the knack for it, but *sigh*, I still wish for it occaisionally. (I lost my engagement ring a few years ago while dieting and haven't let him buy me another because of the extra expense and the fear of losing it again, but now I'm thinking maybe....)

Maybe I've just got the birthday blues. Hahahahaha. (I'm going to be 35 this year.) Sometimes I feel really good about my age (old enough to know a thing or two and still young enough to do something about it) and other times, I think back on all the things that have happened in my life and boy do I feel OLD!

Anyway, time to wrap up.

Everyone have a blessed tomorrow!

0 remarks: on "need to pray"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.