2/22/05

give thanks

For any who have been following my blog, I want to share something that might help you understand my "zeal". Some may view my thoughts as judgmental, but I want you to know that I am in no position to judge anyone.

I have been a Christian for many years, but have allowed the pleasures and deceptions of this world to cloud my vision and impede God's will in my life. I have only recently (in the last few years) become frighteningly aware of my poor decisions and the impact that they have had on me and on my family. I am not without error, nor without sin, but God in His infinite grace has given me yet another chance to set myself free from the flesh and to become what he wants me to become.

The most important thing I have learned from my mistakes is that depending on my own understanding to solve problems never works and usually creates a disastrous situation much harder to fix than the original problem. If I stay in God's word, pray and do all things for His glory, then He takes care of the rest.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
~Proverbs 3:5-6

My biggest downfall over the years has probably been the inability and/or unwillingness to submit to my husband. Our marriage has lasted through this, but by no means, was it something I did that kept it together, but since I put my absolute trust in God's word and started applying the principals He has laid out, my marriage has improved immensely, as have my abilities to raise and rear my children in joy without regret and without guilt. What a burden has been lifted from my shoulders, since I decided to give it to Jesus.

All I want is to glorify and give thanks to my Lord by sharing this with everyone I come into contact with. I want everyone to know and experience the awakening of the truth like I have. I don't want you to be like me, but I want you to have everything God has given me. God has so much to give! It would be such a pity to waste it!

God Bless

0 remarks: on "give thanks"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.