2/19/11

blue letter Bible

i was googling this morning for something to do and i wound up in a religious forum where several people were debating the definition of a word in the King James Bible. as often happens, the question was ignored for the debate over versions, greek translations, etc. not knowing greek myself, i did a bit more digging and wound up in a pretty cool site that offered the greek word, the definition, the translations throughout the king james and the strongs reference numbers all in one place.

i haven't had a chance to play with it much, but i found it rather inspiring that the next time i hear somebody tell me the translation from the greek i might be able to go look it up for myself instead of having to depend on the arrogance of some teacher who claims that he/she knows more about the Bible than i can because they are more educated.


i don't really, personally feel i need the greek to understand the Bible as i believe it to be inspired as is...but how cool is it to be able to look up the greek and see for myself how the confusion was created and how it's misquoted to the masses of Christianity, instead of constantly wondering if i might be missing something. it also gives me the ability to answer the fools (even if only in my own mind).


Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

~Proverbs 26:5


anyway, for those of you Bible studying enthusiasts, i thought i'd share my find. my guess is many of you, found it before i did. i might be slow, but i'll catch up eventually.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm

0 remarks: on "blue letter Bible"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.