9/17/09

inspiration

i've been feeling a bit worn out and a little discouraged for awhile. this isn't something unusual or life threatening, just another human cycle that i too experience from time to time.

i have been listening to some tapes from one of my favorite pastors and he was speaking of a verse about God always dwelling with me (Psalms 90:1) and my mind started to wander about the things i've been sulking about as of late. then i remembered what my friend had told me about 10 things God did to love me today and i started looking around the yard from my perch on the front porch and i looked up and spied something that made me smile and tear up just a bit. (yes, my life is like a halmark card.) anyway, it was truly special and i wanted to write it down.

i have a flowering bush in the front yard that makes very beautiful clusters of white flowers in the late spring/early summer every year. after looking it up, i believe it might be hydrangea. the bush is constantly competing for ground with two other trees that have taken root and all grow together in a big ugly mess.

i looked up and saw a very small (maybe 1/2 the regular size) flower cluster poking out of the mess...only one...AND...out of season.




0 remarks: on "inspiration"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.