5/31/06

granola and laundry soap

Just got my granola recipe the way I like it. Tomorrow, I'm onto homemade yogurt and velveeta. I really like making things myself. I know what I'm feeding my family and most of the things I've been making are actually cheaper than store bought. I made a batch of granola (about 8 cups) for about $1.50 or less. The boxed granola cereal is around $5.00 and you're lucky if you get two bowls of cereal out of the deal. I also made my second batch of laundry soap. I added a 2nd bar of soap ($.50) and it doubled the strength of my 5 gallons of laundry soap. I'm having a ball. Soon, I'll be getting some vanilla beans and some kefir grains and working on that. I'm also looking for a recipe for Korean rice cakes - having trouble with this one, but if I don't find one, I might just fake it until I get it right. Tonight we had Korean pork on the grill - never grilled it before and it was delicious - better than BBQ if you ask me and much healthier. I'm off to eat some of my homemade granola.

If you'd like my recipe, you can find it and several other healthy recipes and ideas posted on welltellme.com.

Be Blessed.

0 remarks: on "granola and laundry soap"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.