10/4/05

husbands, fleas and bees--oh my!

Praise the Lord for my not-so-perfect-husband. If he were perfect, what would he want with a fool like me?

Still fighting fleas, but my ankles are clearing up. Now they are mostly concentrated in the bedroom, since the cats like to sleep in our bed. So now, they are biting me in places I'd rather not mention - HAHA!

A hint to those who ever experience fleas, the biggest factor in fighting them is to vacuum frequently and to discard all vacuum contents immediately, either in a sealed plastic bag or in the burn pile. The salt helps keep the population down in the carpet. My biggest challenge has been getting them to stay off the cats, but I'm still working on it.

The bee population is dwindling, but not gone. We forgot to turn the bug zapper on Saturday during the garage sale, and the bees were swarming my customers - yippee! I almost knocked an old lady down, trying to swat a bee off her. She didn't even speak English, and probably thought I was trying to take her money or something - Oh my!

My kids are healthy, smart and well behaved. I keep noticing how well behaved and have to thank the Lord for His divine hand in it! I try to be a good mom, but no matter how hard I try, I always come up short, but........

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
~Phillipians 4:13

Everyone have a blessed day!

0 remarks: on "husbands, fleas and bees--oh my!"

disclaimer:  caution must be taken when reading my blog.  i'm a new creature and the Lord continues to mold and shape me through his will.  older entries may seem to contradict the newer ones.  there's a pretty good chance that they do for two reasons.  first, because of my nature, as i strive for perfection, i will continue to fall short of the mark and should therefore be thankful for his grace and should seek his (and your) forgiveness for having been so foolish in the past.   second, i continue to grow in him; and as changes are made, i have made attempts to change my blog to reflect those changes. in this event, please refer to #1.   if you're interested in perfection, my blog isn't the place to be.  pick up a king james bible (yup, i'm one of THOSE people) and read his PERFECT word.